I graduated from Miami University as a computer scientist. I used to write software at Magenic Technologies, but I’ve found that I like to help other developers succeed more than I like to actually develop, so I now help with operations at Magenic. I still like to code, but centered more on scripting to help with productivity rather than applications for others’ consumption.
I have an older brother, a younger sister, and a younger brother. We’re all good friends and get to hang out together during the holidays and some vacations at our family’s summer house in Maine that our grandfather built. My parents live in St. Louis, which is nice, as we get to occasionally drive down to see them.
I’m married to my high school sweetheart, Julie. We discontinuously dated for just shy of 10 years before I proposed to her on Mt. Haleakala after we watched the sun rise. We were married on a cruise ship before it set sail through the eastern Caribbean.
Here’s a short list of books I’ve read or am reading, in no particular order:
- Difficult Conversations
- The 7 Habits Of Effective People
- What Every Body Is Saying
- Satipatthana: The Direct Path To Realization
- Darth Plagueis (Many Star Wars books, but I’m currently reading this one)
- Getting Things Done
- The Experience Of Insight
- How To Enjoy Your Life And Your Job (First personal development book I remember reading)
- The Law Of Success (Listened to the audiobook on the drive when I was on-site at a client)
I also enjoy watching movies, playing hockey, playing poker (PLO), and watching select TV shows (Battlestar Galactica is our new favorite obsession). For the past year, Julie and I have also been taking dance lesson’s at Arthur Murray Dance Studio, which has been a fun learning experience.
Feel free to contact me through the Following Links to the right.